T: +65 6225 7377
Nadia’s practice represents a broad cross-section of the kind of legal services that most businesses and individuals typically need, regardless of industry sector or client profile, with a particular focus on dispute resolution.
She regularly advises corporate and private clients on schemes of arrangement, bankruptcy proceedings, trade disputes, employment disputes and a wide array of other contractual and tortious claims from fraud to defamation. Her litigation practice draws upon her experience representing clients in complex multi-jurisdictional cases involving misappropriation of funds and shareholder disputes. She has also represented numerous employers and employees in claims relating to wrongful dismissal, breach of employment contracts and harassment in the workplace. She has significant experience handling highly contentious cases of all kinds from State Courts to Court of Appeal level.
Her matrimonial practice features cross-border disputes regarding child custody and the enforcement of maintenance as well as High Court litigation pertaining to the division of substantial matrimonial assets located in multiple jurisdictions. Her criminal practice includes experience representing clients in prosecutions for drug offences, sexual offences and violent offences ranging from voluntarily causing hurt to homicide. She also has experience representing children charged with criminal offences.
Nadia’s non-contentious practice includes the drafting of various commercial agreements such as shareholders’ agreements and distribution agreements as well as personal legal instruments such as wills, lasting powers of attorney and deed polls.
Nadia is on the panel of lawyers of a number of embassies in Singapore.
Qualifications / Admissions
- LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
Memberships / Appointments
- The Law Society of Singapore
- The Singapore Academy of Law
- Irish Chamber of Commerce, Singapore
- Criminal Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Association of Women Lawyers
- The Medico-Legal Society of Singapore
- Are you a victim of sexual assault or harassment?
- Indemnity provisions in contracts – are they that important?
- 3 Ways to Recover Your Unpaid Invoices
- All You Need To Know About Singapore’s Employment Law in 5 Minutes
- Process Agents in Singapore
- 8 Creative Ways of Proving Your Location for Your Legal Case (Even If You Have No Witnesses)
- What happens if my ex-spouse does not give me access to my child?
- Repealing Section 377A
- What will happen to my HDB flat after I get a divorce?
- Having child custody issues across the border?
- The Law in Singapore on Single Mothers – Is there more to be done?
- What constitutes elderly abuse?
- Single Fathers in Singapore – Overcoming Legal Obstacles
- 5 Times when the Non-Compete Clauses in your Employment Contract Probably Aren’t Enforceable
- Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore – Vol 16(3) Road Traffic, (2019 Ed.)
- Atkin’s Court Forms – Singapore, Chapters XXXVII & LI
- Doing business with foreign companies safely
- COVID-19 Commercial Lease Issues in Singapore: What to Do
- COVID-19: Temporary Relief from Legal Obligations
- FAQ: Movement and Assembly during Circuit Breaker
- FAQ: Employment rights in the time of COVID-19
- The impact of COVID19 on access/custody arrangements in Singapore
- Divorce and separation during COVID-19
- Domestic violence during COVID-19
In The Media
- “Lawyers report surge in queries related to issues triggered by coronavirus pandemic” – The Straits Times, 26 April 2020
- “Intellectually disabled boy gets reformative training for raping teen girl” – Yahoo News, 12 March 2018
- “Problematic neighbours? Here are 4 things you can do when the kampung spirit disappears” – Channel NewsAsia, 14 January 2018
- “SMRT settles lawsuit over escalator fall” – The Straits Times, 5 May 2016
- “Shangri-La shooting: Man who encouraged friend to crash through barrier jailed, caned” – Channel Newsasia, 21 December 2015
- “Horror at home: Most child abuse cases here involve caretakers” – The New Paper, 1 November 2015
- “Does an ex-wife really get half the man’s money in a divorce” – Moneysmart.sg, 15 October 2015
- OMG Holdings Pte Ltd v Pos Ad Sdn Bhd  4 SLR 231: Unjust enrichment, restitution, IP licencing, passing off, restraint of trade, misrepresentation, pleadings, limitation
- TAT v TAU  SGFC 19: Custody, care and control, access, relocation
- THH v THI  SGFC 135: Interim maintenance for wife and child
- PP v Rosdi Bin Joenet  SGHC 58: Sentencing for homicide in case of mental illness.
- PP v ASR  SGHC 94: Suitability of reformatory training as sentence for aggravated rape where offender was intellectually disabled child.
What Clients Say
“…Nadia is my go-to solicitor in Singapore…”
“…Her professionalism, empathy and sharp intellect impressed me…”
“…Nadia had a sincere desire to help without overcharging for it…”
“…We have total faith in Nadia…”
“…I can’t thank her enough…”
“…I made the right choice…compassionate and sympathetic…an upstanding professional…”
“…she is highly professional, responsive and knowledgeable…extremely diligent…”
“…Nadia is warm, personable and she has excellent listening skills. I particularly appreciated her efficiency and the swiftness with which she put my case together…proactive, kind, understanding, sensitive and non-judgmental…”
“…After meeting with many lawyers, I felt that Nadia listened, showed compassion and acted in a manner befitting of a person with integrity…I have and will refer her again, and again to others…”
“…To Nadia, her clients matter…I could not recommend her any higher…”
“…Mrs. Moynihan is one of the finest attorneys and persons you will ever meet. Her approach to law is both extremely thorough and meticulous, while at the same time, her personality is warm, kind, and generous…”
“…we are extremely pleased with her professional work. Ms Nadia possesses a sharp legal mind…Her warm personality coupled with her diligent and sincere attitude made working with Ms Nadia a pleasant experience…”
“…Nadia has been understanding and approachable. She is very professional and was efficient in meeting the tight deadline…”
“…We are so glad to have engaged Nadia’s help, who is an outstanding and exemplary lawyer…Nadia is extremely patient, full of empathy and highly efficient as she handled our matters with her utmost professionalism. We felt so at ease and appreciate all her efforts in helping us resolving our worries…”
“…A thoughtful and diligent lawyer, Nadia handled my case efficiently and compassionately. It was a pleasure to work with her towards a successful outcome…”
“…Her honest approach has changed some of my perceptions about the legal profession and in the future I would not hesitate to engage or recommend her services…”
“…I really like Nadia’s knowledge and her creative way of giving advice for legal matters. She’s always a great help and a fast thinker…”
“…She was empathetic, and her advice and tone greatly reassured me. I opted to seek her expertise in seeing the matter out fully. I’m delighted to say that her assistance and professionalism in handling a stressful few weeks was much appreciated. Would absolutely seek her assistance if I ever need it again…”
“…My case was extremely complicated spanning continents. Nadia held my hand every step of the way giving me the confidence to see it through. Her intellect and understanding of the law are beyond doubt but it was the level of empathy and compassion that helped me through a very dark time. I have nothing but admiration for Nadia and will always be in her debt. Therefore I can honestly say that I would recommend Nadia without hesitation…”